halal feature: Halal Food Express @ Orlando, USA

I found out about Halal Food Express while doing research for my Orlando trip. Told myself that I must give this place a try. How often could one find a halal American fast food joint anyway?

The place is located along International Drive, just across the road from Wet ‘n Wild theme park. Nearby you will find Orlando Continental Plaza Hotel, Walgreens supermarket and KFC. Look for a row of blue shophouses facing the main road. The restaurant occupies the end lot, next to a souvenir shop.

Turn into this junction. Halal Food Express is at the very end, near the huge billboard.

A little close-up...

...that’s the one!

I took the picture early in the morning while on my way to Universal Orlando Resort. They weren’t open yet.

Inside the restaurant. This one was taken at night when I went there to grab dinner.

Had chicken sandwich to eat-in.

Oooh yummy yummy!

Ordered a basket of chicken wings for take-out but I totally forgot to take a pic. Didn’t try their kebab because I already had enough kebabs during my travels ;-) Anyway, the chicken wings were marvelous! I totally recommend them. Must try.

The place is really clean and the owner is friendly. And I must mention that the location is perfect - along the main road, walking distance from two major theme parks and the I-Ride trolley bus stop is just nearby. Here it is on Google map.



Here’s their website: http://www.halalfoodexpress.com
Here’s their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HalalFoodExpress

3 comments:

Azuan said...

the sight of a halal F&B outlet. Always a delicious sight :) thanks for sharing

dieya said...

Azuan,
Agreed! I'm all for trying new halal eateries around the globe. No prob, happy to share :-)

vabna islam said...

Hey! I just wanted you to know that I featured your recipe on my blog!
food