universal orlando resort - islands of adventure

We woke up early and started walking to Universal Orlando Resort. Our hotel did offer free shuttle, but the timing wasn’t good. Departs 11:55 AM and returns 8:00 PM. Who would want to go to a theme park that late and return that early? Not me!

It was a nice morning walk, passing by some beautiful scenery.

Almost there…

…and we arrived! This is Universal CityWalk, just outside of the theme parks. 

Similar to WDW, UOR consists of several theme parks. This time around, we opted to go to Universal’s Islands of Adventure. Why? Because I read Sis Nazuha’s blog and she put lots of pictures of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, the biggest attraction at Islands of Adventure. Being a Harry Potter fan, I gotta see it for myself!

The iconic lighthouse of Universal’s Islands of Adventure.

Passing by Seuss Landing and its colorful Grinchmas deco.

Hogsmeade, here I come!

It was a snowy December in Hogsmeade, yet we were all wearing tropical :-D

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. 

The line to get inside was super duper long! Even though we got Universal Express pass, it was of no use here. The T&C specifically mentioned that we couldn’t use the pass at several major attractions, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey was one of it. So we patiently lined up for nearly an hour. But boy, it was worth it! The most amazing 3D ride I had ever experienced!

After the ride, my nausea started to kick in. Learning from previous experience at Movie World, I made a point to rest between rides. Fiza brought a bunch of ginger pills to prevent motion sickness, but my condition was rather severe. I took 4 pills yet still felt dizzy. So I told Fiza let’s alternate between thrill rides and live shows, so I could have some time to recover.

The Incredible Hulk Coaster from afar. Even looking at it made me nauseous.

The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad. Elaborate stage. Magnificent stunts.

Poseidon’s Fury. The show was indoor. Great effects – sound, water and 3D.

Toon Lagoon, captured while riding The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride!

One of the many cute shops at Toon Lagoon.

Arghhh!!!

Since it was Christmas season, the most popular attraction at that time was The Grinchmas Wholiday Spectacular show. The line was even longer than Harry Potter! But the good thing was they only let a certain number of people to line up for each show time. So if the line was full, they would close the entrance and you would have to come again for the next show time. We went there twice before we could even get the chance to join the queue. And the wait in the line took nearly two hours! Yet again, it was worth it!

The Grinch in action!

We saved all the water rides to the end of the day, as we wouldn’t want to go around the park soaking from head to toe. Two important things to wear on water rides: flip flops and poncho. Thanks to Fiza’s prior experience as Universal Studios Singapore, we came to Universal Orlando Resort fully prepared. So after enjoying the dry attractions, we put on our gears and…

…splashed into the watery adventure!

There were three water rides at Islands of Adventure: Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls (pictured above), Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges and Jurassic Park River Adventure. All of them got us wet. But because we had our ponchos on, the drench was limited to our thighs and below, so it wasn’t bad at all.

A pic of the infamous globe before leaving UOR.

Stopped by HRC at Universal CityWalk to grab some souvenirs.

Universal Studios Florida, another theme park within UOR.

Walking back to the hotel after a nauseating, wet, yet awesomely fun filled day!

6 comments:

Zila Zainal said...

omggggg cantiknya gambar2 awakkkk huwaaa... suka sangat baca entry2 usa awak. cepat update lagi!

noornazuha said...

rindunyeee orlando........i loved the Harry Potter one...haha

Grace Bailhache said...

Hello Dieya,

I'm a little late but I'm glad I finally made it to pop here to say THANK YOU so much for your delightful postcard. I featured her last friday in my main blog.

I love your blog, travelling is one of my passion, and it's been a while since my last travel...

Funny thing is that I have a you tube girl friend who lately shared her travel in Orlando and here I'am looking at your...

It's a very good share, well wrote...Thanks again dear, and let me know if I can send a card somewhere ? I have a contact form in my blog, who can use it....


Take good care and see you


Grace

Grace Bailhache said...

Oops, I forget to give you the link of the blog not sure you have it....So here is it

http://blog.gracebailhache.com/2014/02/one-love-postcard-friendship-friday-209-2/

Grace

~jeet~ said...

great time!! and nice pictures too!! i guess the nausea part, it comes with age. i used to be able to stand all these funky rides, but now, naik satu pastu nak recover take ttime. dulu back to back pon tahan lagi..

i guess we are old ..hehehe...

dieya said...

Zila,
Thank you! Adeh dah bersawang blog ni kan. Insha Allah ada masa ni saya update lagik ye.

Sis Zuha,
Me too! I wanna revisit Orlando. Still many theme parks I've yet to cover.

Grace,
Hi there! I'm so glad that you found my blog! Happy to hear that the postcard reached you safely. Have a great weekend!

Jeet,
I refuse to believe it was due to age (denial, denial, haha!). Anyway I bought some really good nausea pills in LA. Didn't have a problem since then.