halal feature: Tokyo Japan Restaurant @ Salzburg, Austria

Tokyo is in Salzburg? Yup, it is. Tokyo Japan Restaurant, that is. And the best thing about this restaurant – the food is 100% halal! The owner was handsome guy of Japanese ancestry but his grandfather was from Malaysia. He proudly told us that his restaurant served full halal menu in two cuisines – Japanese and Malaysian. So we could happily eat anything!

The restaurant’s eye-catching entrance.

Part of the menu on display. The word halal immediately caught our eyes.

Enter the door and walk up the stairs. The restaurant is on 1st floor.

Fried rice with chicken.

Fried noodles with chicken.

Fried noodles with beef.

All the above were from the Japanese menu. We skipped the Malaysian menu as the prices were slightly more expensive. And the variety was also much lesser, though I could recall seeing satay as one of dishes. According to the owner, their Malaysian dishes are imported, unlike the Japanese dishes that they prepare themselves. Perhaps that explains the higher price.

A view of the other end of the street, as we exited the restaurant.

The restaurant is located at Linzer Gasse 36. If you come from Altstadt, cross the Staatsbrücke Bridge (Salzburg’s main bridge) then walk slightly uphill through the small Platzl square, until you reach the start of Linzer Gasse street. Keep on walking till you see the restaurant on your right. Here it is on Google map.


10 comments:

~jeet~ said...

X sangka... Banyak jugalah restoran halal kat sana ya...takdela bila touchdown klia jadi macam karnivor x jumpa daging setahun hehehehe...

dieya said...

yup. ada pilihan juga lah walaupun tak sebanyak london or paris. at least tak lah makan kebab hari2.. heheh

World Halal Traveller said...

Hi Dieya...
I'm Lina the halal food blogger www.worldhalalquest.com

I will be coming to KL, next week. Can we meet up, (if you are around)? Perhaps, we can blog together about ur favourite Halal food in KL.

Amcam, ok, tak? email me at worldhalalquest@gmail.com

dieya said...

Hi Lina,
Sure thing! I'll email u shortly ya..

Unknown said...

Hi I came across your blog when I googled this restaurant. I chose this restaurant because it's halal too. But
I was sooo disappointed with the restaurant. It's overpriced and I felt cheated!! The menu displayed outside is nothing to what I got inside. The minute I sat down, the waiter asked what drinks do I want before allowing me to look at the menu. When I saw the menu, there's no bento box at all! The beef teriyaki that I ordered was 19.90 euros and because of the price, I assumed it was including rice but when the bill came, I was charged an additional 3.90 euros for the rice. To make things worse, green tea was 10 euros!!!! I would avoid this restaurant at all costs and I wish I read the appalling reviews on tripadvisor before trying this restaurant.

Unknown said...

Hi I came across your blog when I googled this restaurant. I chose this restaurant because it's halal too. But
I was sooo disappointed with the restaurant. It's overpriced and I felt cheated!! The menu displayed outside is nothing to what I got inside. The minute I sat down, the waiter asked what drinks do I want before allowing me to look at the menu. When I saw the menu, there's no bento box at all! The beef teriyaki that I ordered was 19.90 euros and because of the price, I assumed it was including rice but when the bill came, I was charged an additional 3.90 euros for the rice. To make things worse, green tea was 10 euros!!!! I would avoid this restaurant at all costs and I wish I read the appalling reviews on tripadvisor before trying this restaurant.

dieya said...

Hi there! Sorry to hear about your experience at the restaurant. I passed by the place by sheer coincidence as I was walking along that street and it was time for lunch. Did't read Tripadvisor reviews beforehand.
Anyway thanks for your honest feedback :-)

hanif said...

Aku baru jer balik dr salzburg.. xtau la kenapa cik blogger nie boleh puji restoran nie.. cuba check review kat tripadvisor.. smua mknn dlm iklan tue tak sama kot dgn menu booklet.. harga lg mahal plak tue.. iklan tue cuma utk tarik pelanggan jer... padahal xder pon dlm menu n harga pon tipu!!.. plus, sbnrnya tak halal pon.. kami check2 rupanya ada pork.. kalo menu n harga pon bleh tipu, agak2 bab halal tue xleh tipu ker??

dieya said...

Terima kasih atas makluman. Saya pun ke sana dah lama, 3 tahun yg lepas. Mungkin pengalaman kita berbeza2.

Doctor Hong said...

Most terribke restaurant in my life. Do you think they serve halal food? It's scam. How come do they serve halal food and pork at the same time?