nothing is certain but death and taxes

Gearing up for one killer paper tomorrow: Taxation for Business Decisions. On the immediate working day after the closing date for LHDN e-filing. How appropriate.

Never been a tax fan. Never thought I would have to do it again after my first degree. Yet here I am, tossing and turning with these...


...and study, study, study.

Imagine manual tax filing (before the e-filing era) plus 100 times tougher.

Ooops, I shouldn’t say that. The lecturer told us during the final class, “Think that it’s easy, it will become easy.”

Tax is easy. Tax is easy. Tax is easy.

*

*

*

*

*



Taxman by The Beatles

Let me tell you how it will be
There’s one for you, nineteen for me
‘Cause I’m the taxman, yeah, I’m the taxman

Should five per cent appear too small
Be thankful I don’t take it all
‘Cause I’m the taxman, yeah I’m the taxman

If you drive a car, I’ll tax the street
If you try to sit, I’ll tax your seat
If you get too cold I’ll tax the heat
If you take a walk, I’ll tax your feet

Don’t ask me what I want it for
If you don’t want to pay some more
‘Cause I’m the taxman, yeah, I’m the taxman

Now my advice for those who die
Declare the pennies on your eyes
‘Cause I’m the taxman, yeah, I’m the taxman
And you’re working for no one but me

*

*

*

*

*


“In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.” - Benjamin Franklin

11 comments:

Erin said...

Good luck mate! Im sure u will do well :P

JaJa'Z said...

good luck dearrrr!

~jeet~ said...

good luck!!

p/s: tax pon x certain..bayar zakat lebih..tax boleh dapat refund...(niat bayar zakat dah tak betul...hehehehe...)

lucky said...

good luck dieya!!

Maya Marisa said...

Dieya,

u may hate me for this but babe, tax is my fav subject, both personal & company taxation :P.
yeah i know it's weird!
re kg baru, u mentioned in miss spain punya blog lerrr..hahaha wat i did was just match the dates and walahhhh, i got the jigsaw puzzle fit .... :D

good luck chica!

dyanna said...

Good luck!!!!

I Sempat jugak la isi borang BE manually pakai pen dan kertas serta kalkulator... memang blur giler.

Thanks goodness for e-filing.. it makes people hate filing for taxes less than before :P

Nazimah said...

All the best dieya! U can do it!!! :)

29hb br nih br buat efiling. Fuh, mujur sompek ha! Dpt gak la refund 51 hengget, huhuhu...

My Bloggie ! said...

hehehehe same la mcm sy !!! kak esok paper psa (3 mei) hadoiii banyak betul kene bace. gud luck kak !! :)) tax tu kacang jek. huhu

dieya said...

erin,
thanks mate! another paper down.. phew!

k jaja,
thanksss! muahsss!

jeet,
muchas gracias chica! dulu i bayar zakat coz mamat yg jaga kaunter zakat kat masjid negara tu hensem.. lagi tak betul.. hahaha! now bayar online tak nampak muka dah :-D

dj,
thanks babe!

maya,
i hetcha hetcha hetcha!!!
hahaha guwau jeks.. i lap laa lotttss laa :-D
ooo patutlaa.. wat saspen jek tau!
thanks senora!

dyanna,
thanks! i sempat gak manual filing, but once zaman e-filing bermula terus guna segala teknologi yg ada.
yeah e-filing makes everything easier!

ct,
thanks babe! hahaha nasib baik server tak jam.. RM 51 pun duit tau.. refund jgn tak refund!

isma,
good luck dear! kacang yek.. tunggu laa u buat tax for mba nnt, baru tau kacang manis bersira madu ke kacang masin terlebih garam n hangus pulak tu :-p

PatinPasta said...

Dieya,
*tertinggal ketapi ni

How was the exam? Muy facil, no? :D

dieya said...

aida,
el examen? hmm.. puedo responder todos las preguntas.. pero no lo sé.. simplemente voy a esperar los resutaldos y verlos!