Yesterday afternoon, as we were driving back to the office after lunch...
Liza: Hey bila nak sampai hybrid car?
Me: Dah sampai dah pun. Tapi kat rumah my parents.
Liza: Alaaa.. bila nak bawak KL?
Me: Ntah laa. I banyak assignment, takleh gi amik this weekend.
Bought these during lunch break. Selipar baru untuk memandu kereta baru :-D
Then later in the evening, as I was packing to leave the office, I got an SMS from Dad...
“Do you have class tonight? We are on our way to KL.”
My parents were coming over to send Dobby to me!
Once again, altogether now: Weeeeeee! Lalalalala! Wooohooo! *Dancing*
When I reached home, Dobby was already waiting at my parking space. So Buruk had to tidur bawah pokok last night. Yang tua kena beralah kan? Hopefully Buruk won’t merajuk as my parents need to drive it home later today.
Anyway, my first driving experience with Dobby was to bring the family out for dinner. We went to The Curve as Hz wanted to have seafood at Manhattan Fish Market.
Open the door. Switch on the engine. Recite the doa. Then vroom!
My first few observations:
- Upon switching on, the car has to be left idle for about 10 seconds for the electronic stuffs to boot before kicking off the engine.
- It hardly makes any sound.
- The steering wheel is super light.
- The info screen has a lot of stuffs for you to play with.
Arrived at The Curve! Dieya and Dobby’s first journey together, accomplished!
Headed to Manhattan Fish Market and had prawns, salad, fish, spaghetti...
and of course their signature seafood platter.
On the way home, Dad gave several pesanan penaja which I better put here so I won’t forget:
1) Don’t roll down the windows. They just got tinted.
2) Don’t wash the windscreen with soap. It just underwent some chemical treatment to give clear visibility during rain.
3) Don’t just ram into road bumps. The suspensions will get messed up.
4) Send Dobby for maintenance when the mileage reaches 1000km, 5000km and 10000km.
5) Don’t just send to any service centre. Make sure it’s an authorized Honda branch. Not agent, branch. Which reminds me, I need to Google where’s the closest Honda branch in town.
Mum’s pesanan penaja?
“Jangan lupa tengok berapa pokok!”
Yeah, pokok. Apparently after each drive the info screen will tell you how many trees you have saved by driving a hybrid car. Really? Well, at least that’s how Mum interprets it. Perhaps there’s more to it, or it may even mean a different thing altogether. I need to go through the owner’s manual to find out. So for now, let’s play along with Mum.
So how many trees I got last night?
4 trees! Yeay!
“4 pokok je? I got 4 and half trees for my first drive!”
Looks like Mum is half a tree greener than me :-D