What do you give as a wedding present to a couple that has everything? Please don’t say nothing. Just get something, anything, make the newlyweds happy.
Today is my colleague’s wedding. She’s fair and cute like a teddy bear, so I wanted to get her a bouquet of little teddy bears. I saw them before at Cold Storage. Orang lain pegi Cold Storage beli ayam ikan, I beli beruang. Looked at the price, almost fainted, didn’t expect it to cost that much. Then I saw a cheaper version, single teddy bear on a stick, with a paper rose attached to it. Just RM 12.90 a piece. Sounds good, but improvisation required to make the whole thing look presentable. Hence I started a craft project, which I shall call...
Bears in a Bottle
1) Two little teddy bears on a stick
One girl and one boy, preferably wearing matching outfits. Get the readymade ones if you are pressed for time like me.
2) One glass bottle
Get one with a wide mouth so it’s easy to put the sticks into it. Chili sauce or tomato ketchup bottle is great, though the bottle’s shape may not be so nice. If you don’t have any, get a lemon soda like me.
3) Tissue wrapper
Not tissue paper. Dark color is good to cover up the bottle’s label.
4) Net pouch
Light color to contrast against the tissue wrapper.
5) Greeting card
A small one will do.
6) Heart shaped lollipop
I needed something to hold the card. Couldn’t find a card holder like those I usually see with bouquets, so I bought the lollipop.
What to do:
1) Minum lemon soda sampai habis. Kalau guna botol cili sos nak minum sos tu sampai habis pun boleh juga. Kalau guna botol kicap suruh Kak Tek tolong minum. Clean the bottle, dry it and then wrap it with tissue wrapper.
2) Use double sided tape at the edge so the finishing looks neat.
3) Twist the paper around the bottle’s neck.
4) Put the bottle in the pouch and tie it up.
5) Stick the teddy bears and lollipop into the bottle. Write some congratulatory message on the card and paste it on the lollipop.
A close-up photo of my masterpiece :-p
I think it looks super cute (sesi puji diri sendiri). Just hope that she likes it! Okay, need to get ready to go to the wedding. Ciao bella!