good morning subang skypark

Good morning everyone! Started my day at 4:45am as my cousin Farah wanted to hitch a ride to the airport to catch Firefly flight to Kota Bharu at 7:00am. It was a last minute decision as she just got the news that her colleague’s mum passed away, so wanted to send her condolences personally.

Since tickets for flights less than 24 hours from the purchase time couldn’t be bought online, she took a gamble by going to the counter early in the morning to get the ticket. We reached Firefly ticket counter around 6:00am, the staff told us that the flight was fully booked. The only way to go was to be on standby at the check-in counter 30 minutes before departure, hoping that some ticketed passengers wouldn’t turn up. So we waited and finally they told us there were several no-shows, so she could proceed to buy her ticket and board the flight.


Skypark (formerly known as Subang Airport Terminal 3) in the morning.


Welcome to Skypark!

After Farah boarded at 6:45am, it was still early for me to head to the office so I went to McD to get a egg McMuffin with chicken roll. Then I went to Starbucks and got a venti caramel macchiato. Then I went to the office, which is just across the road.

I was so excited to eat my breakfast when I see…


…it wasn’t chicken roll! It was sausage! Haih!

I do eat sausage, but the fact that they screwed up my order wasn’t a nice start to the day. Feeling sleepy didn’t help either. Wrapped it back up, then I realized the writings on the paper.


See, written clearly on the package - SAUSAGE McMuffin with egg. Partly my fault for not reading it.

Fortunately, my cup of venti caramel macchiato was perfecto. That made my day and hopefully would keep me awake for the next 10 hours at least.


A slice of heaven in a cup!

P.S.: Morning ramblings. I don’t do this often, so deal with it :-p

7 comments:

JaJa'Z said...

wah! entry pepagi buta nampak..akak penat amat ni,..baru habis kokuria...

dieya said...

yeah! pagi2 dah tercongok kat office, siap tolong bukak lampu satu department lagi :-D
wah.. ahli sukan dah balik! have a good rest!

Liza said...

i grow up with subang airport, my dad served MAS for 35 years before he retired in 2003. i remembered when I was small, I got very excited when my dad took us to the airport. and of course, there was this one time concorde first landed in malaysia...many many sweet memories there....

dieya said...

k liza,
really?! your dad must be a proud MASRA (MAS Retirees Assoc.) member! he still get cheap tix too right?
yeah, i still remember those days we could see the planes touching down from the balcony. i really enjoyed seeing the aircraft doors being opened and people getting out of the plane. i would wave at them while they walked on the tarmac, some of them would even wave back (i think!) ;-)

Liza said...

yes dieya, he is part of the association and still get cheap rates, they just had this rombongan to beijing late last year...i think he really missed those days

Aida Rezuan said...

Dieya,

Hope the macchiato helped you. I've only been in Starbucks once in my entire life, and I ordered orange juice. Hehe!

dieya said...

k liza,
i would imagine so :-) MAS retirees are really passionate ppl and loyal to the company, even after they left. our former MD used to say, if you cut their hands, their bleed MAS!

aida,
really? i go to starbucks almost in every country i go to, just to see the difference. most have the same menu, some have additional blends here and there.
just orange juice? you should try the caramel macchiato! yumster!