ouch!

Last night, as France vs. South Africa match was about to start, I rushed out from my bedroom towards the tv in the living room. Moved my feet a bit too slow. Pulled the door a bit too fast. The result? The sharp edge of my bedroom door dug into my big toe. Ouch!

I thought it was just a graze. Didn’t realize how bad it was till I saw blood dripping on the doormat. Quickly got into the bathroom and put my injured toe under running water. The bleeding wouldn’t stop. My bathroom looked like a crime scene with blood spots everywhere.

Suddenly I remembered an article I read a long time ago. A girl who was trimming her toe nails accidentally cut some flesh from her big toe. The bleeding wouldn’t stop because she kept moving around the house with a mop in her hand to wipe off the blood stains from the floor. Gravity and pressure caused blood to rush down to her feet and exit from the wound. She eventually died of blood loss! Commenting on the incident, a doctor said all the girl needed to do was to lie down immediately with her feet raised, instead of worrying about cleaning the floor. That would have saved her life!

I certainly didn’t want to die due to injury sustained from being hit by my bedroom door. So I left the bathroom at its ugliest condition with blood stains everywhere, wrapped my big toe with tissue paper, lied on the sofa and raised my feet onto the armrest. The bleeding slowly stopped.


The little patch of skin had actually detached, but because the bleeding wouldn’t stop I "pasted" it back onto the wound to close it up!

Organizing a big event at work tomorrow. Heal fast will you big toe?

Who would have thought watching World Cup in the comfort of your own home could cause injury...

10 comments:

Fertzy said...

auwwww dieya sakitnyerrr!!!!!!

dah call babah belom tanyer the fastest remedy?

pray for your speediest recovery beb

niSamiR said...

ouchiii...try put minyak gamat..most of the time, it worksss...

Siti Roffini said...

Dieya,
The cut looks bad. To think that you could still grab your new camera under such a circumstance is unbelievable. I would have died of panic, not of blood loss!! You take care.

knitfreak-to-be said...

ouch..that looks bad, nasib baik you ingat incident tu, or else...
i can imagine bathroom floor mcm crime scene, you ni, sempat lagi tu nak CSI...

rest well, by now you should have it bandaged kalo x elok lagi, take care!!
p/s: we can have trip hazards almost anywhere, be safe ;)

JaJa'Z said...

ouchhhh!..ngerinya tengok..dah ok ke skang..lain kali jalan hati2 ye dik..kerana bola kaki binasa..

Erin said...

aduss...ngilunye, aku plak yg terasa sakit. stay off strappy high heels for a while hehe. get well soon, dieya's big toe!

dieya said...

noly,
babah is overseas on work trip maybe he'll read my blog tonight and find out. mau dia kata anak dia ni lipan ke apa kaki sendiri bleh langgar. thanks babe!

dr. nisa,
don't have minyak gamat, minyak masak buat goreng telur yg dah nak expired ada laa. i'm relying on band-aid :-)

aunty siti,
hahaha i wished i used my new cam, perhaps the pics would look even more dramatic! nahhh that was my handphone cam, the closest one i could reach while trying to walk on my heels and keep the blood away from the floor.

azita,
itulah, when i saw the blood spots the first thing that came to mind was goshhh.. grissom would have a field day! already had a bandage on, got to replace it after solat later. yeah, now i understand while ppl fool-proof their houses!

k jaja,
world cup punya pasal laa ni! looks like lain kali kena jalan ayu2 dalam rumah, buat catwalk gitu :-D

dieya said...

erin,
sakit gilers masa kena tu i was shouting words i couldn't even understand. fortunately tomorrow's event is outdoor so i can wear sneakers :-)
my big toe say thanks to you, kan big toe kan? *big toe angguk2*

Mamamya said...

aduhai dieya....camana luka tu.nampak serius... harap2 cpt baik yer... klu dah luka mcm tu kene pakai sandal jer la nampaknyer....
world cup punyer hal la ni dik....sabor je lah.. :)

dieya said...

k lieya,
ni lah tak sabar2 nak tengok bola punya pasal.. players atas tak injured, penonton kat rumah pulak yg injured. pagi tadi no choice kena pakai sports shoes kat padang. dah habis event terus tukar selipar jepun!