halal feature: Aarapana @ Paris, France

I ran into this restaurant by sheer coincidence. I was waiting for Shakespeare & Co. (oldest English bookstore in Paris) to open, so I took a walk around the area and saw this place. They hadn’t even started business for the day as I was there pretty early in the morning. Not to mention what a chilly morning it was. Mid-December + morning + drizzling = cold!


Me in front of the restaurant, bracing the weather.

The restaurant’s name is Aarapana. It’s located along Rue du Petit Pont, somewhere across the road from the legendary Notre Dame Cathedral, close to the bookstore I that I mentioned above. Along the same row of shops there are several stores selling Paris souvenirs at reasonable prices. I’ve been to many souvenir shops throughout Paris, so you can count on me when I say the ones sold here are among the cheapest.

Obviously I didn’t sample the food, so can’t comment on that. All I know it’s an Indian restaurant and it’s halal (there’s a red halal sticker at the entrance, click on the pic to blow it up if you can’t see it). Chatted with a nearby souvenir shop’s operator, he said the food is okay. So I’ll leave it to you to try it out for yourselves.

Here’s the place on Google map:


View Larger Map

5 comments:

Aida said...

Dieya,
Do u still remember how much they sell Paris magnets?

Aida said...

Dieya,
Do u still remember how much they sell Paris magnets?

dieya said...

hey babe, haven't heard from you for a while! if i'm not mistaken the magnets were EUR 2 a piece, for EUR 10 you get 5 pieces. other places usually sell them at EUR 10 for 3 pieces.

Luizze Oliveira said...

We enjoyed dinner at this restaurant. It is buffet-style restaurant that that offers delicious food with good price and the quantity is more than what you can expect.

Costão do Santinho

dieya said...

thanks for the review! i was hoping someone who has been to the restaurant would give some feedback about it. merci beaucoup!