shopping for free

After more than a month of not swimming, I can feel some sleeping muscles being awaken as I did my strokes today. My stamina has also declined, during the first lap of freestyle I had to stop twice. It took a while for me to get my momentum back and fine-tune my strokes. Nonetheless, I did spend slightly more than an hour in the pool, yay! That’s a good start. Need to keep the motivation going for the rest of the year to achieve my 2010 resolution!

Anyway, I just received my credit card bill. It’s time to pay for the things that I zapped to the card during my travel, which is a lot! Well, I shouldn’t be so surprised, should I? Anyway, I’ve notice something interesting at the bottom of the statement – my accumulated points are expiring at the end of the month. It’s time for redemption!

I just gone through the redemption catalog, I can actually redeem some pretty nice things for free. Shopping without using money, nice! Well, of course I have to pay for the shipping, but it’s not a lot. Too bad my points are not enough for me to get the things I really want i.e. digicam, mobile phone, designer watch. I think I want to get something lasting, definitely not perfumes or vouchers or annual fee waiver. Here are the things that I’ve shortlisted (not in any particular order):

Option #1:

Multipurpose Stainless Steel Plate
Must have for your kitchen
Wavy-cut rim provides an aesthetic visual, New age designs with clean lines perfect for parties, ø30cm tray
Points required: 74,100
Shipping cost: RM 6.50

Option #2:

Corningware 6pcs Round Casserole Set - Lush
Modern Dining Set - 0.8L, 1.25L & 2.25L, Rangetop, Microwave, Oven, Serving, Refrigerator/Freezer, Dishwasher
Points required: 69,600
Shipping cost: RM 9.00

Option #3:

Corningware 6pcs Casserole Set - Warm Pansies
Modern Dining Set - 1L, 1.5L & 3L, Rangetop, Microwave, Oven, Serving, Refrigerator/Freezer, Dishwasher
Points required: 68,200
Shipping cost: RM 9.00

Option #4:

Visions 5pcs Set
Modern Dining Set
1L Covered Saucepan, 2.5L Covered Cookpot & 23cm Skillet, Rangetop, Microwave, Oven, Serving, Refrigerator/Freezer, Dishwasher
Points required: 64,900
Shipping cost: RM9.00

Option #5:

Morgan Espresso Maker
Coffee Tea or Me?
990 - 1100W, Stainless steel housing, Steam nozzle for frothing, Steaming milk, Constant pump pressure (15 Bar), can fit 1 or 2 cup at the stainless steel filter, 1.5L transparent water tank
Points required: 59,200
Shipping cost: RM9.00

Personally, Option #1 is a no-brainer no-no. Why on earth I would spend so much (points that is, no cash) on just one plate. I just put it there coz it’s the most “expensive” thing I can get. Not so sure about Option #2 either, though the design is prettier than Option #3, they are smaller in size. Furthermore I hardly ever have guests at my place, a casserole set won’t have much use. Option #4 looks pretty interesting. Not that I cook, but they still can be useful to make maggi mee, scrambled eggs, instant chapatti bla bla bla the list goes on. I never spend much on pots and pans, maybe this is a good time to do so coz I don’t have to pay for them! Option #5 is also interesting for a coffee lover like me. I may never buy a coffee maker if I have to fork out my own money. Maybe I should get this one.

Which one to choose? Opinions please?

Sticky note: I’ve posted a long entry with loads of pics on my visit to my dream destination of all time - FC Barcelona’s home ground, Camp Nou! There’s also a bit of almost sore point in the entry. Read all about it here.

9 comments:

knitfreak-to-be said...

coffee maker!!!

dieya said...

yeah.. one vote for the coffee maker :-)
i guess u love coffee as much as i do!

Aida said...

Deeya, i vote for the coffee maker!! I love coffee!! Especially Starbucks... Heheh..

niSamiR said...

dieya!!i vote for vision!!!hahaha ( walau tatau masak:p )

Erin said...

i vote for option 4...

*Jilly* said...

haha.. coffee maker without doubt!!

dieya said...

aida,
i'm a starbucks fan as well! no matter where i go i would want to try the local starbucks, even though they taste the same everywhere ;-)

nisa,
vision pun best jugak. very useful and definitely will last for ages, lagi2 laa i just guna untuk masak maggi n goreng telur.. hahaha

erin,
another vote for vision. adakah ko sudah pandai masak skrg mate? why u never offer me your cooking when i was in kb??

faz,
the tie-breaker! well at least for now.. hahaha!

Erin said...

i vote for vision again haha! my brother in law beli coffee maker, last2 berhabuk...dia kata baik g bli kopi kat kdai haha. at least like u sed, vision leh masak megi...aku dtg nanti ko leh masak spaghetti ke kan ;)

next trip KB? hik, ko dtg aku tunjuk skill masak air ek :P

dieya said...

Erin,
betul gak kan. most of the time i go to starbucks or old town or mamak to get my cuppa anyway.
spaghetti takmo laa mate, aku masak mac and cheese, senang sket! lagi sedap, though lagi byk lemak pun ye jugak.. hahaha!