laksa day

Today is laksa day at office. A group of staffs organized a potluck style breakfast, just serving laksa. 2 types of laksa – laksa lemak (with milky Kelantan-style gravy) and laksa asam (with sour Penang-style gravy). 3 types of noodles – normal homemade laksa noodle, instant laksa noodle (looks pretty shiny, too much food wax I think) and thin laksa noodle.

I’m not a fan of laksa asam. In fact it’s the last food I would eat at buffets or kenduri. Forget about buying it for myself. Laksa lemak is a whole different story. I totally love it! Actually I love laksam (the one served with flat noodles), but since it uses the same milky gravy I enjoy it just as much.

But there’s something different about the laksa asam they serve this morning. I actually find myself liking it. Perhaps because it’s not as sour? Or it is because they put lots of fish meat in the gravy that makes it tastes so good? I don’t know. But for the first time in my life, I actually like eating laksa!


Laksa lemak. Love it!


Laksa asam. See the difference in portion? I just wanted to have a try at first. Didn’t expect to enjoy it!

Shall I get one more serving?

Owh, I receive one more warehouse sale e-flyer today. This one is on electronic stuffs, especially cameras and photography gadgets. Other things like mobile phones, LCD tv and Garmin GPS are on sale too. Check it out!





2 comments:

Liya said...

mm sedapnya laksa! Dulu2 tak brp suke jugak laksa asam ni but now I love all kind of laksa. But still laksam is the best!;))

dieya said...

i never thought i would enjoy laksa! tapi kalau laksam mmg suka sangatlah.. yummy!