halal feature: Le Petit Gourmet @ Paris, France

I haven’t written about halal eateries for a while. This is my first halal feature for 2010. In conjunction with my recent trip, I am going to feature a halal restaurant in Paris.


The place is called Le Petit Gourmet.

This restaurant is one of a kind. Anywhere in Europe, most halal eateries serve kebab, Arab or Indian food. Yet this restaurant serves delicious French cuisine! I first found out about it in an online photo album by a Muslim family in Paris. I did a little search to find out where it is. Fortunately it was near to where I stayed.


Our starter – tuna on baguette. I already took a bite when I realized I haven’t snapped a pic :-p


My plate of “magret de canard” @ duck breast.


Hz’s “escalope milanaise spaghetti“ @ spaghetti with scallop.


Good old crème brûlée as dessert, torched to perfection!

The food is really good. The price is pretty reasonable to me. If you go to Paris, this place is definitely worth trying!

The restaurant is located at 47 Rue Du Faubourg Montmartre. The nearest metro station is Le Peletier, I didn’t take the metro there though. It’s a walking distance from the infamous Galeries Lafayette shopping mall.

Here’s where it’s located on Google map:


View Larger Map

No comments: