avatar in 3d

I watched Avatar in 3D over the weekend at GSC Mid Valley. The movie was superb. The 3D technology was so-so, bordering amateurish. Perhaps because I’ve been pampered by a super amazing lifelike 3D experience in Barcelona only a couple of weeks back.

Anyway, if you haven’t watched Avatar, you’re missing one really great movie. I’m not much of a sci-fi buff, but I totally enjoy it. It’s the second highest grossing moving of all time (after Titanic) at the moment. Just last week it was at no. 5. But if you are planning to watch it in 3D at Mid Valley GSC, forget it, it’s not worth the extra bucks. The normal screen will do. I’m not sure about other 3D cinemas (there’s one in Gardens and another in Times Square) though, haven’t been to any of them.


Me wearing the 3D glasses. It was wide vertically, but really narrow horizontally. I felt that my viewing experience had been limited by the glasses.


Compare that to the super big ala Kanye West 3D glasses in Barcelona. See the difference? I could roll my eyes at every corner yet still see everything in 3D!

The 3D glasses at Mid Valley are also very uncomfortable to those wearing spectacles, unlike the one in Barcelona where you can just wear them on the top of your spectacles. So if you are short-sighted yet really want to experience 3D movies in GSC Mid Valley, make sure you go there wearing contact lenses. Else you’ll spend the entire movie trying to keep the glasses sitting still on your nose bridge.

Another thing, the glasses also somehow spoil the movie's color. Everything looks duller, even when compared to the trailer. Bad! Can’t wait for the DVD to come out so I can watch it again and finally enjoy it to the max.

No comments: