horribly slow mcdonalds delivery

Entah kenapa last night rasa teringin sangat nak makan McD. Even as I was driving home from work I already felt like calling them so the delivery would reach my place about the same time I reach home. But then KL rush hour traffic is never predictable, so I thought better if I make that call when I'm already home.

After Maghrib prayers I called their infamous 1-300-13-1300 and placed my order. The moment I hung up I glanced at the clock, 7.27pm. The order should reach me by 8.15pm. 45mins is their standard delivery time. The McD branch that delivers to my place is quite close by, usually they take less than that.

8.15pm yet no sign of the delivery guy. I was already hungry. The continuous prime time tv ads on Pizza Hut, KFC and Dominos weren't helping. 8.20pm hunger had became anger. Where on earth is my food? The last time a McD delivery guy was late he claimed that his motorbike broke down. What's the reason now? 8.30pm I called 1-300-13-1300 again to check on my order status. The lazy-voiced operator said that my order had already left the restaurant. 8.35pm I was almost counting seconds while dropping curse words like dog poop. If I was an evil witch I would have turned the entire McD team into roaches and smack them with newspapers.

Guess when the order finally arrived? 8.45pm! As I opened the door I was ready to throw a punch on the delivery guy. Guess he could see it coming as he quickly told me that it wasn't his fault. The order was already ready but the was no one to deliver it. He got to the restaurant from another trip, picked up my order and came straight here.

So whose fault is it that they don't have enough delivery guys? The company for not hiring? The restaurant manager who fails to manage the delivery schedule? The QA team for not realizing their slipping standards? Who do I throw my first punch to?

7 comments:

niSamiR said...

hahaha..that's funny..when i was in SP, i always called that no kan..ada one time ni, mmg almost 1 1/2 hours baru nak dpt, which i almost nak ke McD dah amik sendiri kan, and suddenly he turned up n : Sorry kak..saya sesat....hahaha..;)

Anonymous said...

it happened to me a few days after raya. called pizza hut at 8.30, the pizza arrived at our doorstep at 11! at 9++ dia kata hujan lebat, so rider xleh nak kuar, once reda sket rider will be on the way...fine laa. but then bila ujan brenti, xsampai2 gak. aku mmg dah ready dah tido dah. when he arrived bdk delivery ckp byk order, so dia kne hntr byk rumah. bleh ke terima alasan tu? i think it goes back to the manager laa. dah tau ader byk delivery, hire more ppl laa...ke xcukup moto? hehe

dieya said...

itulaa.. kadang2 those deliery guys memang menguji kesabaran. dah laa sampai lambat.. fries pun dah lembik, sundae dah cair, burger dah sejuk.. heeesshhhh! hampir jek nak cancel order, tapi kalau cancel karang nak makan apa pulak.. so sabaaaaar jek laa (walaupun sebenarnya tak sabar mana pun)!

Anonymous said...

ayoo cik nadiah. kalau pasal makanan garang benor..hahaha

paling best dominos delivery.kalau lambat, dia bagi free coupon. so tak sakit hati sgt lah. aritu mamat delivery dominos lambat 5 min, hubby ku dah tunggu kat luar cekak pinggang. smpi2 je muka dia takut giler gigil2 tau.hahaha

-zu-

dieya said...

i mmg hangin satu badan mlm tu zu.. time tgh lapar ya amat laa mcd nih buat perangai. lain kali i pun nak tunggu depat grill cekak pinggang pegang penyapu lagi!

niSamiR said...

i have one funny story about McD..I dunno it's funny or not for u..hehe..This was during my student life and it was my friend's story actually..that time, nk order McD belum ada One number yet so we have to call the respective McD's outlet la kan. It was raining heavily,my fren ni nak mkn mcd.so she drove to the McD nearby.and it happened that hujan lebat kan, so die tak bawak payung nak kluar and she already in front of the McD la.So she called the McD no..n when they asked about the address, my friend ni ckp la:dpn pintu McD, n they hang up the calls trus..haha..funny tak??hehe

dieya said...

wakakkakka that's HILLARIOUS!!!! i gelak sorang2 baca citer u. tengah taip ni still tersengih2 lagi.. hahahhaha! kalau i jadi budak yg amik order kat McD tu pun i terus lempar jek tepon :-D