on board MH 1202 18062009 08:00 KUL-AOR

What's so special abt this trip? It's just another flight, not to mention a domestic one. Nothing different than other morning flights I've taken before. I wake up early, go to the airport, check in and board. When I get to the destination I go straight to work. I've done this many times before, so what's so special about this one? I'll gv u a clue: big seat, salmon on baguette for breakfast, coffee mixed to ur personal taste.. it's my first trip on business class!

For some of u who r used to flying business, it's no big deal. But for me who have been flying coach all my life, it's a huge deal. When I told my dad abt it he laughed so hard. A friend once told me abt her dad who is used to flying business once had to fly coach for a family trip so the whole family could sit together. Throughout the journey he couldn't stop complaining about how small the seat was. I wonder if my dad even remembers how coach seat looks like.

Now i'm gonna tell u how business class pax r treated in short haul flights. If u travel coach, all u get is juice in disposable plastic cup and salted peanuts. But if u travel business, ur meal starts with juice served in raised glass. Apart from the ordinary orange or guava juice, u can request for something out of the ordinary like tomato juice (i only knew that bcoz a guy who sat near me had that). Wonder how extensive the juice selection though, will they get me aloe vera juice if I ask for it?

Then come the hot towel (cold towel if u take an afternoon flight), similar to what u get in coach when u travel overseas, so x heran sgt part ni. When u r done with the towels, cabin crew will come to take ur order. I honestly had no idea what was available, kalau kedai mamak tau laa nak order apa. Then I ovarheard someone who sat at the front row ordered sandwich, so I ordered the same thing. Terpikir jugak kalau ada nasi lemak pun bagus.. Hahaha.. But since i'm on duty travel takmolah byk songeh kan. Nnt cabin crew kata apa pulak dah laa naik business class tiket free mengada-ngada pulak nak makan macam2.

My inflight breakfast included salmon sandwich, cheese sandwich, pickles, fruits, white coffee and ferraro rocher. Couldn't finish the salmon sandwich coz masin sangat, must ask my dad if it has always been that salty or is it just me. The cheese sandwich was yummy with some strawberry cuts on the top. Fruits macam biasa je honeydew n papaya. Can't comment abt the pickles coz I never like them. Since I already had nasi lemak earlier at the airport I didn't finish the meal and tucked the ferraro rocher into my handbag.





As we were about to land, another round of hot towels were given. I kind of pity the cabin crew as it was a short flight yet they had to do so many things - serve towels upon take off, collect used towels, take orders, serve orders, clear the dishes, serve towels upon landing, collect them again - all within 1 hour. Seemed like they didn't have any break. On the other hand the passangers also did not have much break since there was always something to be served to u from take off to landing.

All in all it was a good flight. I landed in alor setar all stuffed, happy and ready to go to work!

6 comments:

sheri said...

wow..business class, bestnye :)

dieya said...

best best! patutlaa org yg selalu travel business dah takmo travel coach. nasib baik ticket free kalu tak mau pengsan bayar double the normal price.

Nazimah said...

bestnyer salmon tuh. terliur, hehehe. ntah bile akan ku mampu naik business class...

dieya said...

mmg best tapi tak abis makan salmon tu coz a bit salty and dah kenyang makan nasi lemak. alaa siti i ni gi duty travel tiket free boleh laa naik business, kalau bayar sendiri kirim salam laa. rela duduk kat ekor plane makan kacang masin!

nafnaf said...

bes kan biz class. dulu aku [penah dpt skali sbb semua seat kat economy dah full, so upgraded for free to biz class.

mmmg nice xprnce, masa tulah baru belajar mintak guava juice ngan MAS. haha.

dieya said...

naf ko mintak pink guava ke green guava? pink guava pernah rasa, green guava ada tak agaknya ye? wah best laa free2 dapat upgrade yek!